5 Reasons Why You Want To Call Quality Moving & Storage For Your Moving Needs
When you move to the Long Island area, you may be thinking about just renting a truck and doing the heavy lifting yourself. However, you will find that in the long run, that may cost you more than if you were to hire professional movers to handle your belongings.
Why is this? We have five reasons why you may want to rethink a DIY move!
1. A DIY move is not as affordable as it may seem. In most cases, the surprise fees and surcharges from those companies that rent moving trucks is going to account to a lot. Of course, these are often only discovered after you receive your credit card statement, so the damage is already done.
2. Consider the cost of fuel right now. The cost of fuel right now is at an all-time high. And if you rent a truck on your own, you will be responsible for the fuel charge in this truck. While you are paying for the fuel for a professional mover, it is not on the same level, as fuel costs are factored into the overall cost.
3. Did you know that most people find that even with a large rented moving truck, they cannot fit all their items into this? In these cases, it involves more than one truck -- which increases the amount of fuel being used and the overall cost of this move.
4. On average, a home that has around 2000 square feet will take you several hours, which means four or more hours for you to load into the rented truck. What is the value that you place on your time?
5. When many people attempt a DIY move, they end up with some physical discomfort resulting in having to visit the doctor. What is your office visit copay? You may want to go ahead and factor this into the cost of a DIY move.
Ultimately, if you are going to move, go ahead and let us give you a quote as to what it would cost to move your items. From there, weigh whether our cost will be comparable to your DIY moving costs. Most people find that in the end, we are the best option for any move!
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog